18 May 2010

Ironside Farrar Environmental Consultants


I was first introduced to the idea of Landscape Architecture by my uncle. He runs a multi-discipline Environmental Consultancy practice in Edinburgh, offering services including Landscape architecture & planning, civil engineering, contamination & remediation, development & environmental planning. They have three offices, the main one in Edinburgh, smaller offices in Manchester & Bellshill. I worked there for my GCSE work experience for one week, enjoyed it so much that I went back to do three months in my gap year as an assistant Landscape Architect. I have posted earlier some of the work that I did whilst I was working there, however wanted to show some of the companies better work! Their work is mainly in Scotland, including projects like; the Edinburgh Zoo Masterplan, Potterrow Campus design, Edinburgh University Masterplan, Bootle Town Square redesign, & many more smaller public realms, campus designs, residential landscapes, feature lighting designs & signage strategies.


Potterrow Campus - "the use of natural & precast stone to reflect traditional materials in a contemporary manner"

Bader Community Park Project - competition to create a new community park


North Queensferry Streetscape Improvements - Street Design Competition 2001 Winner




Princes Street Vision - "
Visionary ideas sought to clearly illustrate how the public realm of Princes Street may be enhanced subsequent to transportation changes."


All images & quoted text taken from IronsideFarrar website - www.ironsidefarrar.com/index.htm

No comments: